Business Characteristics and Activities of REALTORS®
- Sixty-five percent of REALTORS® were licensed as sales agents. Sixteen percent of members have at least one personal assistant.
- The typical REALTOR® has 10 years of experience, down from 12 years in 2014.
- Fifty-four percent of REALTORS® reported having a website for at least five years, 11% reported having a real estate blog, and 70% of members are using social media.
- In 2015, the typical agent had 11 transactions, unchanged from 2014.
- Thirty-four percent of agents had a transaction involving a foreclosure and 24% had a transaction involving a short sale.
- The typical REALTOR® had a median sales volume of $1.8 million in 2015, up from $1.7 million in 2014.
*NAR 2016 Member Profile