A good real estate agent is priceless. Take time to find the best fit.
A good real estate professional can guide you through the process and make the experience as simple and quick as possible. A good agent can also help you obtain value in your purchase or sale.
When you talk to prospective agents, ask questions about their expertise.
Do they seem knowledgeable about the properties? But most of all does their personality fit with yours?
Negotiations, payment, closing and moving. Save hours.
You’ll save hours of trying to figure out what steps to take when selling or buying if you have an agent guiding you through the process. And, they will help you in the final stages with negotiations, payment, closing and moving.
Some questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been assisting buyers and sellers in real estate transactions?
- What do you know about the market in my area?
- How many people did you help buy and sell houses over the past year?
- Am I locked into a contract with you, and, if so, for how long?
- Can I talk to some of your past clients?
- Will I be able to review documents in advance that I need to sign?
- Who pays the real estate agent and what are the costs?
- Do you have a team?
Sellers: Some questions you should ask include:
- What is your average sale price to list price?
- What is your past average number of days on the market?
- Will you produce a movie of my home?
- Do you recommend a pre-sale inspection?
- Do you recommend a pre-sale appraisal?
Buyers: Some questions you should ask include:
- How will you search for my new home?
- How many homes will I likely have to see before I choose the one that I buy?
- Will I be competing against other buyers?
Once you ask the questions, make sure to take notes and call references. However, if you are not comfortable with the answers you receive, always follow your instincts.